10 reasons to join us in Bali this October
This October, I am going back to Bali for the third time. I have now spent a total of 5 weeks on this magical island and I have yet to explore all corners of it. This time, we are checking out some new places that we did not get a chance to visit in 2017. Here are 10 things I’m looking forward to.
1. Our private villa, located 150 meters away from the beach, in the heart of Canggu. More a state of mind than a place, Canggu is a coastal community north of Seminyak towards Echo Beach. The village boasts an irresistible, yin-yang combination of Tulum's yoga and green-juice bars, the arty aesthetic and galleries of Costa Rica's surf scene, and the party energy of Mykonos. The coastal community hums with modern villas, delicious restaurants, quaint shops, vinyasa studios, and a thriving coffee scene that takes its cues from Portland, Oregon, serving in-house coffee blends and top-quality cold-pressed espresso, all while maintaining the authentic Balinese atmosphere. Canggu has transformed into a booming wellness and co-working hub for digital nomads and travelers looking for the closest thing to paradise on Earth.
2. Finn’s Beach Club, where you can catch Bali’s magical sunsets and unbeatable 180 degree ocean views while listening to cool tunes from their Resident DJ’s. You can laze away the day in the sun from the comfort of your day beds on a white sand beach or swim in a stunning 30 meter infinity edge pool with swim up pool bar (and underwater speakers).
3. Yoga classes at Desa Seni, a magnificent open aired, tropical studio that boasts dedicated and passionate teachers leading classes in Vinyasa, Hatha, Restorative, Yin and Meditation. It a paradise for yogis!
4. Morning pilates and gentle workouts led by Yaga, founder of BodyLab. Yaga is a certified Group Fitness Instructor and Trainer by Can-Fit-Pro, and soon-to-be Registered Holistic Nutritionist, certified with Reebok Step and Reebok Spin by Reebok University, Fitness Trainer and Core Confidence Specialist awarded by Bellies, Inc. Yaga’s mission is to inspire women of any age to discover the beauty of a healthy lifestyle and longevity, to feel beautiful, sexy and confident in their own bodies, no matter what stage of their journey they are at.
5. The Gates Of Heaven at Lempuyang temple is one of Bali's oldest and most highly regarded temples. Needless to say it is one of the most Instagrammable places in Bali, with the clouds and the majestic Mount Agung appearing in the background.
6. Tukad Cepung waterfall has an adventurous, jungle like trail leading up to it and is famous for its crazy sun rays that shine through! You can swim in the waterfall and get pretty close without getting too wet from the spray, so get your cameras ready.
7. Incredible massages and spa treatments for under $15. Seriously. On my last visit I got a massage every other day. You can indulge in Ayurvedic treatments, hair masks, facials and other beauty services that would otherwise cost you a small fortune if you live in North America. You deserve some pampering!
8. Day trip to Ubud. Though we are not staying in Ubud this time, we can’t not pay this place a visit. This could be your chance to visit the Monkey Forest, the Ubud market, try a class at the infamous Yoga Barn and eat your heart out at some of the best restaurants and cafes that Bali has to offer.
9. Sunset chilling at the Lawn, opening directly onto the black sanded beach of Canggu, with the soundtrack of the waves rolling in. This is the perfect chill spot. We’ll also check out Old Man’s, a hip beer garden near the dark sand beachfront of Batu Bolong Beach. The bar is conveniently right in front of the lava reef’s rights, so you can drop in any time before or watch the surfers in action.
10. And finally, the unforgettable food scene in Canggu. You’ll have the chance to visit local hotspots such as:
- Crate Cafe, a cute, creative space where good music, fresh food, good coffee and good people meet to create some good beach vibes.
- Shady Shack, the cutest vegetarian cafe located at Echo beach.
- Taco Casa, a 5 star rated Mexican food joint where you can have anything your heart desires - tacos, burritos, enchiladas, fajitas, quesadillas, salad, fresh pure fruit juice or even a margarita.
- Cafe Vida, an organic cafe serving breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, raw gluten free cakes, locally roasted espresso coffee, juices and healing probiotic fermented elixirs. Hello healthy vibes!
We’ve got space for six more, so get in touch if you’d like to join us.